Earn 1000$+ A Month With Auto Blogging, Make Money Online Tips , SEO Tips and Guide Online , Online market trading , Review websites & apps for cash , Online surveys , Start your own website , Write and publish a Kindle eBook, Affiliate marketing


My coins were stolen. I have a few questions.

My entire holding of BTC and LTC were taken from my Exodus wallet, as well as all my NEO, from NEON wallet. I keep the keys in cold storage, but considering the timing, I am mostly certain they were stolen by an Apple Store tech.

My hypothesis: I did not permanently delete the original text file with my keys from the trash can. When I took my machine in to be serviced, they saw the wallet applications and knew to start looking. They restored the trash and found the keys. Pretty dumb, I know.

So I've learned a big lesson. Beyond that, my questions are:

1) I have the transaction info, so there anything I can do by contacting Neo or Exodus?

2) Can I write this off as a loss? According to this article this does not qualify for Casualty Loss, so I would have to consider Capital Loss.

3) (Edit) Is this worth reporting to police?

The ironic thing in all this is that my coins in "less safe" exchanges are fine, since I use 2FA for all of them.

Never thought this would happen to me, but I hope someone can learn from my mistakes.

submitted by /u/EuropeForDummies
[link] [comments]

from Cryptocurrency news and discussions. http://ift.tt/2AAkbMT
My coins were stolen. I have a few questions. My coins were stolen. I have a few questions. Reviewed by paksvideo on December 05, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.