Back in the mid-2000s I remember being interested in this project:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_red_paperclip
It was hugely popular at the time and it was really interesting to watch unfold. I'd like to propose a similar project for the crypto community in the hopes of
- Fostering intercommunication and cooperation between the niche crypto coin communities.
- Put some coin to a good cause.
- Have some fun in a bear market.
My idea: https://fromnanotobitcoin.com/
What is it?
The idea is fairly simple: I have already funded a wallet with one(1) NANO token, of which the wallet address is published on the site.
https://www.nanode.co/account/xrb_1x95di5ks3us969u3tsjy814knrsc4cqm8k64xhej49b7rkgh9tzpmemoqk3
I will then initiate a trade of that 1 NANO to a coin holder for a totally different coin of higher value. The best offer available wins the trade and gets added to the website as part of the project story. Their name, bio, and a blurb about them(or their organization) will be published on the site as a "thank you" and for posterity purposes. Of course, they can remain anonymous and donate "in-kind" for an organization/purpose.
Trades will continue until the goal of one(1) Bitcoin is reached. Compared to the "One Red Paperclip" story the trade up is not quite as ambitious but I feel like this is a nice value story-wise and works as a proof of concept. I want this story to work out without inflating the cost too much to attract a lot of scammers.
Goal Reached
Once the goal is reached and the wallet is verified to have one(1) Bitcoin, we will decide as a community(through a Reddit post) where to donate the bulk of the received Bitcoin. The amount will be 75% of the received Bitcoin, regardless of the amount(even if we go over or under).
I have set a 1-year time limit in case this project doesn't get enough traction to take off, but I'm really hoping the community can come together and make this a fun experience. I know in particular that the r/nanocurrency/ community is quite engaged when it comes to things like this. :)
Final Bitcoin address(no previous transactions, cold wallet): https://blockchain.info/address/3Eqb7TJAp2wU9Fy3PpRk8ruQRbVMYawa39
Website again(which I developed): https://fromnanotobitcoin.com/
Trade propositions will be done through this thread. I think for security purposes we should vet the reddit accounts a bit(What do you think, no throwaways or totally brand new accounts?). I feel like upvoting/downvoting propositions can help influence the vetting process if there are known scummy accounts.
Whenever a trade is performed I will update this thread as well as the website.
Phew, that was a long post. Shall we get started, then? Anyone have an offer for a trade? Who wants 1 NANO? :)
[link] [comments]
from Cryptocurrency news and discussions. http://ift.tt/2FpIv9Z
No comments: