There have been quite a few blockchain outages w/ NEO over the past few months. Some explained, some unexplained. I am one of the many investors in NEO and it's unsettling to see a blockchain that's supposed to handle 1000 tx/s go down so often. I definitely feel like we need to get to the bottom of this for the sake of the community:
- Red Pulse ICO outage, 4 minute outage (unexplained)
- Trinity ICO outage, 25 minute outage (unexplained)
- March 2nd outage, 2 hour outage (communication bug with consensus nodes)
- March 6th outage, 20 minute outage (unexplained)
- 3 outages over March 8th-9th. One outage was a couple hours long (apparently a planned upgrade but no one in the community was informed. Users were also experiencing blockchain syncing problems. Users who sent NEO to and from exchanges didn't receive their NEO. A Binance representative said that the NEO blockchain was "under maintenance")
If this was a planned upgrade, the devs need to provide the community with a heads up. Also, we need an explanation as to why the upgrade will cause the network to go down for long periods of time and full nodes to not be able to sync.
Furthermore, it looks like users still cannot send or receive NEP 5 tokens. Some users are still missing their sent NEO from yesterday's debacle. https://i.imgur.com/8jGwDCp.jpg https://i.imgur.com/zuU3NlJ.jpg
I'm giving NEO devs the benefit of the doubt but I definitely think we need to get to the bottom of this as a community.
[link] [comments]
from Cryptocurrency news and discussions. http://ift.tt/2Hn4TgN
No comments: