Earn 1000$+ A Month With Auto Blogging, Make Money Online Tips , SEO Tips and Guide Online , Online market trading , Review websites & apps for cash , Online surveys , Start your own website , Write and publish a Kindle eBook, Affiliate marketing


Warning: Scammed by receiving a Private Key

This is the first time I've been scammed and I haven't seen any post about this technique before. Like everyone; I see scamming attempts on a daily basis. Send 0.1 ETH and I'll triple it; Visit B1nance.com; Submit your private key here, etc.

I thought I was pretty good at recognizing them. When I'm bored; I participate in a lot of airdrops so I have a spam email account for that purpose. Last week; I received an email that I had won some tokens in an airdrop.

The organizer send me an email with a public/private key to an ETH address with ~$5,- in tokens on it. No ETH to pay the fee to get it out. I transferred ~0.001 ETH from my own account to cover the transfer fees but a bot immediately transferred the full amount to the next address.

Looking more closely, I actually noticed several other small ETH deposits made that day and immediately getting transferred out.

It isn't the most profitable scam (most people transfer $1-10,-) but it was a new one for me.

NEVER transfer any currency to an address if someone generated the private key. It's tempting to see $5,- in an address when you hold the private key; but you'll just lose whatever you send there to cover transaction fees.

submitted by /u/DDelphinus
[link] [comments]

from Cryptocurrency news and discussions. http://ift.tt/2FULwff
Warning: Scammed by receiving a Private Key Warning: Scammed by receiving a Private Key Reviewed by paksvideo on March 05, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.